HybridZ

points lube?

Guest bang847

Proper substitute, I don't know, but I've used that light brown lithium based chassis lube and it worked fine. Don't just put it on the cam, put a dab on either side of the rubbing block so it will always have a supply. Some auto parts stores sell Niehoff cam lube in a small tube.

DAW

Guest bang847

yeah the lithium grease probably works fine on the cam but on the actual point itself i probably need to buy the dielectric grease.. i just tried plain lithium grease and the car wont start.. cry2.gif oh well cant save that much money right? :rolleyes: oh... I went to NAPA for the grease but it wasnt $1 it was $6!!! :eek: YEOW!!!

anyways thanks guys 2thumbs.gif

Guest Anonymous

the only way to lube a points type disribitor is with an electronic replacement. It is now getting hard to find points or any quality ones. They used to sell a brand called "Blue Streak" which lasted short of forever. Out of business now. Ecklin made good ones but cannot find this brand either.

I replaced a set of points on a customer's car about 4 months ago, and we bought blue streak points. I haven't had any problem at all getting them. Are they out of business, or just no longer available in your area? If they are out of business, i'm buying a couple of sets today!

• 1 month later...