HybridZ

280Z, 94 LT1, looking for a T56

Howdy all,

Grabbed a 77 280Z, found a 94 LT1, missed the T56 that went with it, and am now searching for a T56. These will be tossed into the 280Z then a Vela Rosa body kit will be added. Heck I'm even trying to figure a way to add power windows (I'll post the method if it works). Been checking out the great info out here and it has already been a help, so I guess this is a warning that I'll be out and about here with lots of questions. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance,

Joe O'.

Welcome Joe!

I'm pretty new to the site myself and am planning an almost identical project: '71 240Z, carbed 350, T56 and Velo Rossa kit.

I just went through a minor fiasco on a T56 for my car. I bought a T56 on eBay from a '98 LS1 not thinking about the fact it won't bolt up to any older style block. Anyway, the seller has several T56 trannies (rebuilds 'em by trade)and is going to sell me a '97 that will fit. I'll find out if he has any more pre '98s available. If he does, I'll hook you up with his email.

Hi Wagz, thanks any help is appreciated.

Dan, thanks for the info, I sent him off a e-mail.

It's going to be an interesting project, but that Velo Rossa body with 300+ HP and the right V8 rumble is just to good to let slip by. Of course never one to do things simply I've got all kinds of modifications planned, shaved doors, GPS system,.......

I might just modify the keyless entry system from a Mercury, I love the touchpad, might hide the touchpad in the shark gills or something. Just in the idea stage, got one spread out on the bench and studying the wiring diagram, but sure is looking good at the min.

The power window idea has to wait until I make room in the garage, after all I am in PA and it is December, not a good time to leave it outside with the windows removed. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

- Joe O'.