HybridZ

maserati

warrenp

a friend of mine is selling his maserati bi turbo motor for $1000 every thing with it.

i thought this would make for an interesting z conversion, it also comes with 2 intercoolers and a k&n ram air set up. since i started collecting parts for a blown 400sb he said maybe we could do a trade. what do u guys think?

See if it will work. If you have a welder, drill and a angle grinder, you can do just about anything, from what I hear :D It would be an intesting swap though. If I remember right, those engines were really wide, or was it tall... ah, I can't remember. Time to pull out the tape measure warrenp. To each his own, that's what I say. Hey, you could change your name to MaZZerati smile.gif

!M!

Will it make as much horsepower or torque as the Chevy? Will it be as easy to work on? Will the parts be readily available for you when you need them? Will they be cheap? Are you good at fixing and maintaining Maserati motors? Just food for thought.

This may be harsh, but leave the Italian motors for the Italian cars. American and Japanese motors are better suited to swaps IMO and they are more reliable, less fussy, and are built to last (also cheaper to fix). Our family has owned two Lancias, one Alpha Romeo, two Saabs, one BMW, a Triumph TR7, a Mercedes Benz, two Volvos, a Chevy Truck, a Dodge truck, a Dodge Monaco w/383, and more...I can tell you with resolve to run away from the Italian stuff. Heck, I'm more inclined to play with British iron than Italian iron since I know it'll be broken before I start monkeying with it...

Just my opinion smile.gif Have a nice day.

Davy

Guest Anonymous

The Bi-turbo's were kinda known for not being the most reliable cars around, they are still available cheap (considering its a maserati) as a result. Some of the engines if I recall were twin turbo blow through carb setups, they worked reasonably well but are crude by todays computerized standards. Parts will be hard to get, and expensive and I'm not sure what its output is like, but I'm sure its not much more than your average fuel injected Japanese V6 these days. Personally I'd leaving that sleeping dog lie, but each person has a different view of the letter Z. smile.gif

Regards,

Lone

oh i completely understand what u guys are saying.

my friend i might buy it from, can get parts of around the same cost as any japanese import.

so thats not bad, he said he would help me maintain it. he has alredy checked the valves a few times. so he knows his way around it. i know i will never having it producing much more power than it alredy makes, it's believe it's a little less than 300hp, i had looked in to the jag v12, but after some reserch, they are total junk unless your rich. but i guess the maserati does somthing like 5.3sec 0-60 i believe it weighs more than a 280z also. the only down fall is my friend claims the motor just always want to go fast. well that is what it is made for i guess.