HybridZ

valve springs for a VG30

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know of valve springs other than stock for the 12 valve VG30 engine. Looking for options on stronger spring pressure. Going with oversize Rev Valves.

As a first step, I would measure the installed height of the spring, it's open height, and it's OD. Then try competition cam's online catalog for their spring selection to see if there is a match for that size, and then review what pressures are available. They've got quite a selection.

I'm not totally familar with the valve set-up on these motors, but you may also need to know what the OD of the inside step of your OEM spring retainer is too. Your new spring will need to fit around it (a nice snug fit is ideal), and this can be cross-referenced to their "recommended retainer" for whatever spring you may think works. This selection will need to be carefully decided though, so take your time and think about all the variables. Also, are there any hydraulic "lifters" so to speak on these motors that may be effected by a stronger than normal spring? (sorry for my ignorance on the VG30's)

Guest Anonymous

thanks thats a good place to start. I am looking for a 10-15% increase in spring pressure. I was told that the stock lifters can handle that.