HybridZ

Help with megasquirt 1 and PRW-2 igniter

guyz

My apology if I'm posting this in the wrong forum.  

I'm trying to sort out my 72 240 with 82 l28et running on megasquirt 1 (msns) and am hoping to obtain some concise guidance on this latest hurdle.

In trying to get it working well again and benefitting from the new CX GT3076 turbo and ext. WG etc I've installed.  Current issue I'm trying to sort out is wiring in the nissan PRW-2 igniter, to replace the 4 pin GM hei that I've been running on (fairly well for several years) First question I guess, is to verify that this is a workable pairing (PRW-2 with MSNS 1) If so then the big question is how to correctly wire the trigger/signal wire.  Before getting to that let me explain how the 4 pin HEI was wired years ago and a detail that may have been done incorrectly 14 years ago when this was first wired with the assistance of a savvy (or so I thought...) friend.

Originally, post B and C went to coil pos and neg respectively, post W was to main ground bundle and post G went via 2 wires to 1) megasquirt via fast idle wire and 2) a splice into the tps/vref wire, with an inline resistor installed and obviously, also going to the appropriate pin on the megasquirt. 

In my notes and msns install manual, it says that a pull-up resistor was to be installed on the fast idle/ trigger line.  As mentioned above this was instead installed on the TPS wire.  Does this make any sense or was this just a simple blunder? If so how did it even work, well I might add for much of the time.

So, to the point and with these facts outlined above, how should I integrate the allegedly much better PRW-2 with my existing setup and harness? As per info already given, I've wired the PRW-2 black wire to ground and the green wire to the coil negative post.

Should the pull-up resistor be detached from the tps wire and wired into the fast idle trigger wire with that attached to the green/red on the PRW-2?

Please set me straight and on the path to driving my Z once again.

Thanks in advance :)