HybridZ

VG30DET what is it out of

Guest Simon

Hey guys,

Anyone know where the VG30DET is from, it’s not from a 300zx. Double overhead cam and single turbo, the 300zx only have twin turbo or non-turbo with the double overhead cam version

Is it the same motor as the VG30DETT just single turbo

Any info would be good

(?); Were the 91-96 NON-Turbo V6's also DOHC's?

I'm Not really up to snuff on the last gen Z's. A V6 DOHC, turbo'd or not, would be a pretty sweet engine in an earlier gen Z!

I was scouring a local salvage yard this past weekend and came upon an early 80's Toyota Supra Celica w/the DOHC I6; this was the first time I had ever seen that particular engine: looked like it would also make for a nice engine swap.

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

there is a VG30DET DOHC out there. He isnt talking about your average everyday VG30DET single cam or the VG30DETT dohc. Got this info from another site. The engine came in the Nissan Leopard Ultima, do a search on it.

y31.gif Nissan Cedric Y31 Series

The Y31 was in production between late 1987 and 1991. It's engines include the 2960cc OHC V6 VG30E engine, the 2000cc turbo charged DOHC V6 VG20DET engine and the 2960cc turbo charged OHC V6 VG30ET engine.

y32.gif Nissan Cedric Y32 Series

The Y32 was in production between late 1991 and 1994. It's engines include the 2960cc DOHC V6 VG30DE engine and the 2960cc turbo charged DOHC V6 VG30DET engine.

y330.gif Nissan Cedric Y33 Series

The Y33 was in production between late 1994 and 1998. It's engines include the 2960cc DOHC V6 VG30DE engine and the 2960cc turbo charged DOHC V6 VG30DET engine.

y34.jpg Nissan Cedric 430 Series

The Y34 entered production in 1998 and is still being made today. It's engines include the 2960cc DOHC V6 VG30DE engine and the 2960cc turbo charged DOHC V6 VG30DET engine.

ya the 90+ Z32 N/A 300zx's were still DOHC.

the motor is called the VG30DE.

strong and great motor.....sounds way better then the VG30DETT motor..

i no i have one smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

mm.. pretty sure thats an early model NICS rb20det that came in the 300ZR

usually quite a good engine.. but the version they put in the z31 just seemed to well.. suck quite a bit! tiny lil ceramic turbo and some very weird computer hijinx made it pretty average.. especially in the quite heavy z31 body..

in its other incarnations in the R31 GTS and then going to ECCS in the R32 GTST it became a much much better engine :D