HybridZ

CIMA Vg30dett engine into a 240

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

there's no VG30DET or VQ30DET.

you may be thinking of the VG30ET. because the turbo DOHC VG came with a TT setup. i don't even recall a turbo VQ engine, but i may be mistaken.

Originally posted by esyip:

there's no VG30DET or VQ30DET.

you may be thinking of the VG30ET. because the turbo DOHC VG came with a TT setup. i don't even recall a turbo VQ engine, but i may be mistaken.

You are correct about there being no VG30DET... however:

Yes there is a VG30DE.. found in my car, the Naturally Aspirated Z32.

The VG30DETT is the twin turbo model found in Z32s.

As far as the original post is concerned... Yes, there has been a VG30DETT swap into a 240, done by a man named Greg Dupree.

The things a BEAST, ran a 10.6 at the track.. I think that's his best so far, but I could be wrong.

I've got a couple pics if you want 'em.

Hi all,

there is such thing as a VG30DET, i am putting one in my car (ordering it today or tomorrow) they are out of a NISSAN Cedric, they could have also come out of a Maxima too.

The turbo is small but it will supply 14 PSI with ease.

If you have any Q's i will be happy to answer them as i have done a lot of research on them

Simon

Nissan Cedric Y32 Series

The Y32 was in production between late 1991 and 1994. It's engines include the 2960cc DOHC V6 VG30DE engine and the 2960cc turbo charged DOHC V6 VG30DET engine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nissan Cedric Y33 Series

The Y33 was in production between late 1994 and 1998. It's engines include the 2960cc DOHC V6 VG30DE engine and the 2960cc turbo charged DOHC V6 VG30DET engine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nissan Cedric 430 Series

The Y34 entered production in 1998 and is still being made today. It's engines include the 2960cc DOHC V6 VG30DE engine and the 2960cc turbo charged DOHC V6 VG30DET engine.

Guest Anonymous

I stand-by my VQ30DET statement. There is a VQ30DET as I saw one in the engine-matrix at Freshalloy.com and it was in the Y33 Cima, the same chassis as the late 90's Infiniti Q45. It's a single turbo motor setup similar to the Grand National engine in configuration.

i have seen a cima motor in one of those used japanese motor places.its a dohc vg30 with single turbo.throttle body has 2 blades/bores.its coil-on plug.my girlfriend's 2000 maxima has a vq30.vq has timing chains instead of belts.the motor place was selling cima engine for replacement for 300zx tt.turbo was on left-not good for left hand drive car.if you stuffed it back and put turbo in front it would work.motor was cheap-$600.