HybridZ

1981 280zx Fuel in crankcase

Hello everyone,

I am excited to say my father and I just purchased a 1981 280zx. My father has wanted one for over 20 years and was finally able to get one. I went with him to look at the car and it looked pretty clean, drove and ran okay. I checked the oil before we took it home and it seemed it had recently been changed and didn't find any major problems with the car. We drove it home, which was about a 30 minute drive, and I kept looking in to it. I found that the engine oil smelled like fuel. I did some searching around and came across this forum and some information about the possibility of faulty fuel pump, injectors, regulator, or rings. The car seems to have several parts replaced such as an upgraded radiator, new plugs (NGK), ignition wires, cap, and five of the injectors looked newer than the one on #6. I am going to perform a compression check later this week and need to get the tool to do a leak down test. I am not very familiar with this platform and I have been having a hard time finding information specific to this car. 

Would the fuel pump cause this issue on a fuel injected car? I have a feeling it was just on the previous versions with a carburetor. I checked the vacuum line at the regulator and didn't see any signs of fuel running back the vacuum line at this time. I am also going to have to get a fuel pressure gauge to continue diagnosing this issue. I am not sure where to go on from here. 

I was hoping to get some information on where to start on this. It is staying parked as my father would like to keep the original drive train (I could not convince him to do an RB26 swap) and I don't want to cause any more damage from diluted oil. We both love the car and hope to get her running again soon. I appreciate any information and would like to thank you all in advance.