HybridZ

VG30DETT ignition system in a 260z

Guest Simon

Here is the deal,

I have a VG30DETT in my Z (not yet) running on propane gas with a blow thru carby setup. I need to figure out some sort of ignition system to use.

Does any one know how the Cam mounted Crank angle sensor works?

i want to make my own computer to run it.... but i need to know how it works....

I don’t want to put a dissy onto it

And info/links would be great

Sim

Simon (1:37:20PM): any idea how they work

Angus (1:37:26PM): yep

Angus (1:37:43PM): they have a cylinder about 2-3cm deep with gaps in it

Angus (1:37:57PM): which spins around with the cam shaft

Angus (1:38:01PM): or crank or whatever

Angus (1:38:08PM): and attached to the housing is a haul sensor

Angus (1:38:19PM): which signals the coils to fire when it detects a hole

Simon (1:38:32PM): cool....

Angus (1:38:38PM): yep..

Angus (1:38:41PM): somethin glike that anyway

Angus (1:38:56PM): like in mine there are 3 coils, each one fires for two cylinders

Simon (1:39:02PM): so where do i start researching to get a computer to run that

Angus (1:39:08PM): so, during each revolution, each cylinder fires twice...

Angus (1:39:29PM): i don't know how the crank angle sensor knows which coil to fire... perhaps there are 3 cylindrical things with holes in it

Angus (1:39:35PM): hmm not a clue!!

Guest empracing

dude its optical 360 slots for degrees and 6 differant shaped slots for each cylinder the 4 wires are for the light and the reciver try to contact some of the programmable cpu companys for the wireing i know there was a artical in zoom a while ago about a tester for it but i cant find it i have one in the shed i was going to addapt to the L series insteed of the magnet crap it has now but gave up by the way it should have 6 coils my vg30det did

adapt a 4AGZE DLI ignition if you want a distributorless factory ignition. its easy and you can just set it up with a SDS ECU...

itd be a lot easier and cheaper than making your own computer etc.,

surely some one must know a little more about this than what has been said already!

If you know any one who may know can you ask them. because i cant get my car going till i make a computer, i cant afford a retail ignition computer...im a student

thanks in advance

Guest empracing

simon what specificaly do you want to know its a optical trigger it triggers when the light shines thru a slot your computor needs to use it as a base line p.s cpus for cars are bulk cheap try capa or fueltronics in aussie...