HybridZ

turbo

240Z Turbo

screw the boost @ 30% redline if he is saying "full boost," which is hard to imagine. Just state the power you want to make and a turbo setup can be proposed to you. You can do wonders with the standard t3 turbine housing. You can shove a dang Ptrim wheel in that badboy if you wanted to! You can probably generate 250-275hp@wheels with the stock t3 turbine housing and an upgraded wheel. If you want strictly boltup then I would suggest a t3/tO4B turbo. If you don't mind some lag, I am quite fond of the 60-1 wheel and perhaps run an Otrim turbine wheel. I guess you could say that is a full t4 turbo, but using the t3 turbine housing to make boltup easy. You could use the TC3 or stage V turbine wheels, but I am not sure if they can be mated to the stock t3 turbine housing. I think it require the use of another t3 turbine housing that uses a different backplate for the downpipe, so you would need to fab your own downpipe. Let us know my friend!

• 1 month later...

I am just shopping for turbos now.

Here is one on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=566083115&r=0&t=0

My plans:

Stock L28T. external wastegate, intercooled, Gen7 DFI when available. 3 inch exhaust throughout. Modified logg intake = street driven terror with 350 hp @ wheels is the goal.

[This message has been edited by DemonZ (edited March 05, 2001).]

quote:

Originally posted by Morgan:

Heh. I got a 60-1 and a giant turbine. I'm hoping I don't hate myself once it's running
smile.gif

Morgan, would you shared the specifics to your turbo. TIA What do you think of the one Randy got from the sandrail supply house