HybridZ

Dang, My New Turbo Has Too Much Lag !!!!

Guest Anonymous

Did you mount that in the hatch back area? biggrin.gif That is one huge piece. That would be neat to hang in the garage and tell friends that is what's goin on there next. hehe

------------------

Chris

Before I tell you what uses that turbo, I need to tell you that it uses 4 of those babies eek.gif.

It is used on a CAT 3524B diesel putting out 3224hp and capable of propelling the "vehicle" up to 64mph. Impressed? You better be, that sucker tips the scales 510,000lbs. Imagine cruising down the I-state at 55mph, in a Z no less, and have that puppy roll by you?

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

Scottie's GNZ

Hehe. I used to work at a coal mine in northern British Columbia, really fun stuff. I was working it the heavy duty shop, and I would say for the first 2 weeks I was there, the scale of EVERYTHING amazed me. Torquing things to 1100+ft-lbs (by hand!!), stuff like that.

The biggest machines we had were the Cat 994. And wow! 412,000lbs of beauty!

I had a day there where I was changing 6 wheels on a 789. Full day job, each wheel weighs 5 tons! 32 bolts on each wheel, torqued to 750lb-ft. I was one tired boy!

If you get the chance, go on a tour of a place like this. It'll blow your mind.

------------------

Richard Lewis

drax2.gif

Scottie - Check inside the snail for small animals. And large ones. I have a feeling that minced cow would slow down your spool up.

Other ideas - Trying buying one of those electric superchargers to supercharge your exhaust. Yeah, thats it.

------------------

Richard Lewis

drax2.gif