HybridZ

Tryin to make my boost limbo...

...I say that because I can't seem to get it low enough! icon_biggrin.gif I recently purchased a Turbo XS High Performance Boost controller and I have it on the lowest setting possible and I am still hitting the pop off valve.

I sent Steve Nelson at TEP an e-mail on the off chance he'd had some correct info and all he said is weld up the pop-off valve. Well I'm getting an adjustable one because I'm not keen on blowing up my motor so by following his idea I'd still have no idea if I'm overboosting untill it's too late I would think.

One last note is I have a T in my source line off the turbo going somewhere I can't see. Was I supposed to disconnect that or something else maybe? BTW I also have an Autometer guage hooked up and I'm running just an open custom down pipe. icon_biggrin.gif

TIA

sean-i run a 1" pipe plug from orchard supply.i heard lots of bad stories about tep.for boost i run one of those $45 plastic regulaters fron turbonetics.that rice boy flashy electronic stuff is a BIG waste of money.save your money for sds system and some big injecttors.the motor in my car has seen 18 psi for short periods of time-like .5 sec.if you are drag racing and turn up boost with out intercooler run race gas at drag strip.you can get away with 12 psi boost with union 110 nascar gas.that is what i run at laguna for 1/2 hour track time.ditch the cat and have a 3" mandrel bent exhaust system custom built.the head pipe in front of cat is 3".mine bolts on to stock head pipe cat flange.hook a dvom to 02 sensor and go for test drive-you should see .8 to .9 vac under boost or you are lean and fuel system is not keeping up.get some magna core wires.these have to be ordered direct from magnacore.real race teams like roush use them on thier race cars.dont listen to the rice boys.they dont know anything but how to run up daddys visa on flashy **** that doesnt work.

my boost control is a manual one (check out www.turboxs.com), SDS is sitting in my closet with a 60mm TB, and I only run a custom downpipe. I will put the pipe plug in I'm just wondering why I can't turn my boost down. I don't wanna put that plug in only to have it over boost.

How did you hook yours up randy? Did you remove anything?

[ June 09, 2001: Message edited by: Sean 83ZXT ]

the boost control tees in between waste gate actuator and pressure ports.it works by dumping some air pressure off of actuator.i return the air into rubber air intake line between afm and turbo.geta good boost gauge and set boost by flooring it in 4th on freeway.if it goes high get out of it and readjust knob.