HybridZ

Oil line question for 83zxt using a turbonetics t3/4

Hey guys, every time I go to finish something on my z, it kicks me right square in the balls. Its gettin mighty annoying! Heres the dilemma.

I went to fit up the stock oil line to my turbo and motor to make sure everything fits fine. Well, the end on the turbo side (which i belive is a banjo bolt) doesnt have banjo bolt "receptical" that should be there. I have a diamond shaped flat spot, that is factory judging by my gasket set i purchased. I took this motor apart going on two years and many drinks ago... did i lose something? Or what?

Help me out guys icon_sad.gif- evan

PS... im up S#$T creek if im not done by wedsday, i need emissions testing else my plates go bye bye.... icon_confused.gif

I'm pretty sure that the Turbonetics center sections are not fitted for banjo fittings. The generally have a 1/8 NPT threaded inlet.

You'll probably have to make a new oil line. I'd suggest using a -4AN to 1/8 NPT fitting at the inlet, and use a -4AN teflon lined stainless braided hose. Probably a good idea to used the firebraid insulating cover for the hose, as well.

Tim, thats what is wierd man. Its not threaded at all. The inlet for the oil looks as if it would accept a "flange" much like the oil outlet, only smaller. Does that make any sense to you at all?

Heres the part that isnt making sense to me. From the gasket set I had purchased for the zxt motor, i SHOULD have an oil line with the flange type affair that i need. However, its a banjo bolt instead. What I am wondering is if there is a two piece fitting on the end of the oil line ie.. banjo bolt that threads into the flange type affair.

Dont know if this makes any sense to anyone here... because I need to find the corrct flange to make my oil line, or create one all by myself out of a plate O steel icon_smile.gif

Thanks- evan

icon_biggrin.gif

Dude do this make a flange out of 1/4 inch flat metal/Aluminum and thread in a fitting to accept the in let oil hose...Or get a Tape and tape it for a fitting right into the turbo. Umm word of caution turn the turbo up side down so shavings will not go in to turbo.... You can always throw a Non-Op on the z car till it runs (thats if you have something like that out there) Good Luck talk to you later...

Ron

Evan...

I went ot the Turbonetics website, and looked at their installation drawings...

http://www.turboneticsinc.com/catalog/inst_dimensions.html

I see what you are talking about - T-netics shows that the hole should should be tapped for either 1/8 or 1/4 FPT (I think that's a non-tapered pipe thread). As you probably already noticed, they don't show a part for adapting the inlet to a flange, but the drawing above does show the dimensions that you'll need to make one of your own.

I'd call them on Monday, and see if they have a part that you can use, and ask why isn't your center section tapped.

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: TimZ ]