HybridZ

Mandrel Bending

clint78z

Does anyone know if there is a place in Canada that does mandrel bending. I did a temporary pipe up to get my car going, but I want to get a mandrel bent pipe done. It would be nice if it was in Western Canada.

The car gets some high octane gas this weekend, just mabey with enough praying it may start icon_rolleyes.gif

Guest Anonymous

You might want to try a magazine called Quick times(around here it is free at speed shops) they may have an email or web page (I never have had the need to try it)

but they have advertisers (mainly in calgary)

for all sorts of high perf goodies/speed shops

if not there try the yellow pages I beleive calgay has a better speed shop selectoin than Edmonton why .... i dunno (closer to the border?)

btw what are you running?

clint,,,,,

i just buy the J or U bends from dynomax and i can get them in stainless if you want that instead of ,,mild steel.......

FYI a 2.25" J bend is $17 C$, 2.5" about $22

i make full mandrel bend exhausts here.. all places do is buy the bends and cut up on a chop saw .. this takes FOREVER... it will take me a full day to make up a exhaust system,, but hey no kinks at all.. and they actually fit better too....

pics online soon of my convt exhaust for the 5L install with o2 bungs and all.......

I did exactly what scca Mike said. Summit and Jegs sell them too, made by Hooker, similar price I believe. There are few mandrel benders in exhaust shops, and I agree all the exhaust shops do is use pre bent pipe pieces and straight lengths to build mandrel bent custom systems.

It's not really hard, just time consuming, especially if you are laying on the floor under the car icon_wink.gif. I have pics of mine on my site under "Exhaust".

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: pparaska ]

oh, on the floor????

its MUCH easier with a hoist in the "home" shop... icon_biggrin.gif

make that 2 days if your crawling on floor on your back.....

Pete,, looked at your exhaust.. looks good..

any pics of it mounted in the car.. ?

i like your idea of the extra cutout in the diff mount...... seen it on a race car before just not on a street one...

[ July 25, 2001: Message edited by: scca ]

Mike, thanks. Unfortunately no installed pics. I'll be visiting the old service station I used to work at in college (saturday mechanic, I was icon_wink.gif ) to do a full under car phot shoot as SOON as it's on the road. Whenever THAT happens icon_wink.gif.