HybridZ

How use stock ecu?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

yeah, I took a WRX out for a test drive - pretty fun but nowhere near the violent acceleration I experience in my 240 turbo (at least over 3000rpm :> ). Pretty amazing package for $35,000 Canadian, though. Now, if you added a bigger intercooler...

Guest Anonymous

By the way, I drove all the way to this wrecking yard with cash in hand, my camera, lots of tags and twist ties to identify the wires and sensors etc. (re: my intention to use the stock turbo efi system)- and the car they had wasn't even a turbo! D&M in Kelowna - be ashamed!

I found with both the WRX and S4 that I was going MUCH MUCH faster than it felt, especially compared to a 240z. 80mph in a Z feels FAST, while 80mph in either of the others feels very sedate.

WRX is 227hp from the factory, and just asking for a fe wmore psi on the dial-a-boost if you ask me. icon_biggrin.gif I wonder if there is a FMIC conversion kit for those cars? I've never been fond with mounting the IC on top of the engine.

Y'all need to take a CLOSE look at th eWRX exhaust system while you're at it. Potential? How does a catalytic converter between the exhaust manifold and the turbo sound? Oh yeah, it's got "potential" allright icon_smile.gif Uncork that puppy and hold on! Motor and transaxle upgrades are coming too so I wouldn't buy one just yet...

Actually Jim it has 5 cats. 1 in each intake runner, and 1 after the turbo as well. Crazy, but its about the only way to get a turbo engine to have low emmissions when it just starts up and is running cold..

I have a feeling that you could remove all 4 pre-cats and never fail smog, providing that you always tested your car at operating temps. (but don't take my word for it!)