HybridZ

Z31T 280Z update

ZR8ED

Well the conversion so far has been mostly a success. Except for some traction, and launching technique differences from my long N/A L28 past.

I had it out and running last night, after yet another new exhaust system put on. The first one has been on less than 2 weeks, and i just was not satisfied with the muffler..it seemed very restrictive...It seems I was right. I had a new exhaust put on with a much better muffler, and ZOWEEEEE! what a difference, and oddly enough, it is quieter than the other system. The car no longer sounds like it is straining to breathe.

I still do not have my launch perfected, but that was the point of last night..PRACTICE. It seems launching the car easier..just enough to get the car moving, seems to have a better effect..once it is moving a few feet, then I get on it. It doesn't seem like the perfect way to launch, but at least I'm not sideways with the car till 3rd gear.

The car is starting to rack up an impressive kill list (my personal opinion) I have confirmed:

Beat my own personal 88zxt auto with 10lbs of boost.

repeatedly beat a late modle Mitsubishi Eclipse turbo.

and last night......

1 late model Firehawk. I raced him 4 times. Because of my poor launching abilities at this time, he got 3/4 of a car length on me in first gear...then it was all over..I easily caught him and walked away from him. I talked to the guy after, and he was pretty impressed he was doing near perfect launches, and could not believe how I went by him with just a little 3L V6 ..with a stock turbo..hehehe The faster we went, the faster I was able to pull away from him. It took me hours to relax after that race! Now the car is starting to really show its potential..I am just dying now to get my I/C and my BOV installed...Got Boost? hehehe

ZR8ED

Retired Weber Warrior

Now a Boost lover!

Thanks,

Scott.

Hey Scott, it sounds like the car is really working out great. Did you ever get the body portion of the car straightened away like you had planned? I'd love to see some finished pics if you've indeed finished. Sounds like you might be considering some bigger rubber out back soon! 315's might be nice. icon_biggrin.gif