HybridZ

3" exhaust

clint78z

Well I took my car into the muffler shop, I have seen some of the work from this place and it is above average. They aren't afraid to redo something if you are not happy. From the 3" downpipe they are doing a 30deg mandrel with a flange. Then 2 little press bends, 10 deg. Back to two 90 deg mandrels to my 3" Stainless Supertrapp.

Hopefulley they do a good job, and don't drag race my car. The one guy noticed a bit of whistle from the turbo, rev limiter is set for 3800rpm on the DFI no fun for him icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

The shop that i took my car to did a great job.I didn't get the exhaust mandrel bent but they did a great job no kinks and smooth all the way back.They where scared to get on my car the owner is my friend and he couldn't believe how much power my car had.He said he never beats on any customer's cars even people he knows and says to.I told him he could get on it if he wanted and he did a little and he said it was enough for him.Good saftey precaution you took with the rev limiter i wish i could do that.But they wouldn't probably beat on it anyway if they are a reputable shop.

Well I am very pleased what I got for the $$ I spent only $2 over there $300cdn quote. They used slip joint then a press bent 20deg then straight along the tunnel a clamp then ultra close on control arm then 2 mandrel 90's to my trapp with a good mounting point. It does sound pretty good with no baffles and no droning. I am sure I will be pleased with the baffles back on, too bad it won't sound like the old N/A with the trapp that had a nice rasp like alcholol.

Front end alignment tommorow, then I can enjoy the corners. icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gificon_cool.gificon_wink.gif

Guest Tom Scala

Clint,glad to hear everything worked out for you. Do you notice a power increase over your old system? I'm weighing a 3" MB system with a straight through Ultraflow to replace the current 2.5" MB with a Super Turbo. Just wondering if its worth it.

On a turbo car I would say yes go for it, I don't know if you will get a huge jump from the 2 1/2" MB system. it's usually the big crush turns that hurt the turbo spoolup big time. It has been proven that for angles under 30 degrees you really don't benifit too much from a mandrel, because of welding spatter inside. My performance probably dropped a tad, I drove it with straight 3" dump pipe. It sounded real growly and the turbo whistled like a jet plane (I miss the turbo sound). It is now very deep and smooth sophisticated sound. I can remove discs from the trapp to quiet things down for long trips very nice on the ears icon_cool.gif Next year it might get a nice scottie down pipe and ceramic coating on the manifold.

PS my HI-temp paint lasted .02 seconds

I know what ya mean Clint. I've been running just a DP for a few months now. People will not race me because of the whirling noises and overall V8 gurgle. I'm picking up my car today with the new 3" mandrel system from the turbo back. (old DP was 2.5" even though I asked for 3" icon_sad.gif )

Hopefully it's quieter yet still mean sounding! (I used a magnaflow, I dunno how good it'll be)