HybridZ

just got my blower last night!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i just picked up my new 6-71 blower last night. kinda phyced!! if any one know's of some where to buy parts for them i need some.

becasue i took it from a 6-71 diesel detroit motor. and i need a cap for 1 end and the cog and the rest for the other end. i have no idea where to find these parts? can i get them through GM? or maybe summit can get them?

Guest Anonymous

Yeah Weiand might have them (a holley subsidiary), I read just recently that Weiand used the last of the 6-71 cases that were stockpiled, they poured new ones I guess so the 6-71 parts will be available probably way after I'm a pile of dust.

Good luck,

Lone

You picked up a 6-71 intended for a diesel application, correct? Do you know some guys running those on gas motors? 6-71 diesel blowers are quite easily and cheaply available used but diesel units have far greater tolerances/gaps etc. Years ago an article was written and a few were converted. I polled a v. techie list and it was a resounding 'No' at that time. If you have info. otherwise I'd LOVE to hear about it....I know they're not the most efficient but they're still of strong interest icon_smile.gif

Guest Anonymous

yeah i just called, summit, they just told me aboutt he same thing u said. so i have to have th eblower rebuilt to make the roters closer. kinda closed minded at this point so it's gonna happin!! would u happin to know any place that rebuilds blowers?

Guest Anonymous

funny that u mantion BDS, becasue i just caled them, but they where closed. gonna try agin tomorrow. i'm really hoping this works out. i don't really wanna buy a new blower if i don't have to. at that point it may be more fun to play with twin turbo, or 1 t3/t04e turbo with Nos

Guest Anonymous

funny that u mantion BDS, becasue i just caled them, but they where closed. gonna try agin tomorrow. i'm really hoping this works out. i don't really wanna buy a new blower if i don't have to. at that point it may be more fun to play with twin turbo, or 1 t3/t04e turbo with Nos

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

Hey All, take a look at E-bay, Search under Super-chargers or blowers(you'll have to wade through all the electrical motors though), I've seen all kinds of parts on there, If your'e in no hurry I'm sure the parts will come along .....