HybridZ

Check out my list.

ratedZ

ok guys...I want my 280zxt to breath 12-15psi of boost. Here's what's on my list.

*Intercooler w/piping

*3" cat back

*Manual Boost Controller

*Boost Gauge

*DSM BOV

*Modified stock pop off valve

*MAYBE a rising rate fuel gauge?

As I stated I'll be happy with 12psi for now with the stock turbo and fuel system...is this all I need to turn up the boost to around 12psi? What would it take to turn it up to 15psi...bigger fuel injectors and fuel pump. At what point do I need to think about fuel? I'm in the works of gathering all these parts and I've talked to people running 12psi and they have always told me how much difference there was between 6 and 12. But I'm also aware of the speed bug and I know I'll end up wanting to turn it up to atleast 15psi (after I get a t3/t4). Anyway, have at it guys and let me know what I overlooked and leave me some feedback. Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Tim78zt:

Maybe some sort of upgraded ignition (from the plugs all the way back to the module)?

Tim78zt

I'm not well versed on this part of the turbo system so if you could elaborate it would help me out. icon_smile.gif Also can I get away without doing this since I'm only boosting to 12psi? or do I have to worry about it now?

As for the electronic boost controller, I will have to settle for a manual one for now as I don't have the money to spend on a $200.00 unit. Eventually though it will be done.

Thanks.

Guest Tim78zt

Well, I guess you could go without it and if it doesn't cause any problems (like the ones I have now that I went from 7 to 12psi)then don't worry about the ignition. When my boost hits 10psi I'm now misfiring (11.5 A/F ratio).

An upgraded ignition would include stuff like a Crane or MSD module, a Mallory coil, some great MSD or Magnecor wires, and NGK plugs with a nice close gap on them.

Don't feel bad about "settling" for a manual boost controller. Mine is the last controller I plan to buy!!

Good luck with your project!!

Tim78zt