HybridZ

Allright, you guys suck

SuperDan

• Administrators

Scottie-GNZ, BLKMGK, 240Z Turbo, etc.

Now you guys have me hooked, im doomed. icon_rolleyes.gif

Iv'e wanted to do a turbo for along time now.

WOW, a twin turbo V8 in a Z.... mmmmmm......

So, I got a couple of turbos from the pick-n-pull the other day and started thinking.

Hmm, manifold, allways seems to be the hang up with the SBC, hmmm guess ill have to fab up some my self, damn!

Talked to my neighbor tonight, going to help him restore his Cuda convertiable, very cool car BTW.

Also going to help Racin Jason with his Z.

Come to find out my neighbor knows Doug Thorley very well, like they are best bud's.

WoooHooo!!!!!!

Im going to have to take the car up to Corna and leave it for a while, but it's well worth it to have the man fab some headers for me icon_smile.gif

So, BLKMGK that answers your question icon_smile.gif

Hmmm, can I get it done by May, come to the MSA show and find out.

I am so doomed now, but I love it.

Just kidding about the "suck" part, you guys are great, thanks!

Dan flamedevil.gif

OK so we suck, but you blow or boost or go pssst, or whatever it is that a turbo does.

So my stock L6 sucks but my new V8 is really gonna suck, a lot harder with a huge 750 carb.

Well enough wordgames, Normally aspirated sucks it in and turbos blow it in. malebitchslap.gif

Guest Anonymous

That'll look impressive to say the least! I'm glad to see someone braving the waters (so if they get eaten by sharks I'll know not to do it that way.. icon_smile.gif ).

Manifolds... I've seen thick chevy flanges for like 37.00 a pair, all cut out for header construction at one of the racing supply places I was on. If I were fabing it, which someday I'd like to do, I'd just come up with 4 plumbing weld el's of the appropriate size and run a pipe across the top of the el's and caps on both ends. Just a log style with a flange for the turbo.

Equal length stainless turbo headers would be awesome and probably more powerful slightly, but powers going to be so sick anyway that its almost a diminishing return sort of situation.

BTW I read on one of the turbo project pages (that are numerous on the Internet) that Banks still has the cast iron turbo headers (look like

upside down ramhorns sort of) available. These are the ones he used in the twin turbo vette I believe. I read that on this page:

http://www.skulte.com/turbo.html

The bad news is, in his itemized part list, the manifolds are a grand! icon_eek.gif

Regards,

Lone

Yep...Dans gone mental!

Just got his car 99.9% completed and running like a champ...so whats the .1% left to do?....tear the whole freakin top end apart for BOOOOOST!! More power...(Tim Allen grunts!!)

"Would you like some Charmin with that ASS KICKING??"

"WOW..SO ya say you have headers AND a performance chip, eh?? Geez..umm...ok I guess I'll try to run ya..(muaahaha)..."

"Damn this thing is fast!". "Thanks...now lets try it spooled up shall we?" icon_eek.gif

LOL

So Dan, when you have my 350 in your garage for your mocking and such. Watch the chrome ok! That rust took years of neglect to perfect icon_rolleyes.gif