HybridZ

R200 worn carrier bearings?

walkerbk

So I swapped in a OBX Lsd a few years ago and it has sense been a little louder so I decided to disassemble everything, clean it up and check clearances. 

In opening up the diff there was a lot of metal in the oil from the OBX unit (every tooth has some kind of minor damage) which I'm not to concerned about but looking at my carrier bearings I wanted to see what yall thought.

Running my figer nail over everything there is little to no groves (the case feels like they are factory machined a little rougher) and there is no distortion on the bearings or bearing races. They do however look like they were spinning in the case. I put the race back in the diff and it almost "snaps" into place (very tight,  definitely an interference fit).

As I don't remember what they looked like the first time I rebuilt it I just wanted to get some opinions before putting it back together. 

P.s. all bearings are still O.E. with about 200k miles (20 of which was with an LS).

20240216_185304.jpg

20240216_185257.jpg

20240216_185400.jpg

20240216_185405.jpg

20240216_185414.jpg