HybridZ

hks ssqv blow-off?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i have 1 coming for my 82zxt...it was pretty expensive (seems to me)does it give you anyhting a cheap adjustable pop-off/blow off wouldnt give you..?...s

HKS' products are made of the highest quality unlike some of the run-of-the-mill blow-off valves out there that just produce loud "cool" sounds but aren't very effective. I've been looking to get this blow-off valve also because a) it's HKS B) it features a unique dual-valve system that allows for more accurate throttle response c) you don't need to tinker with any springs or diddly to make it work on your car, the reliefless valve makes it a universal BOV.

I went to the Bob Sharp Z meet and saw a white Z32 that had two of these. He did a little demonstration and after that, I knew this was the BOV to get. It doesn't sound like a warthog sneezing but more of a sshhhhhhhhh'ing sound. I'll either get this BOV or the Sard R2D2 BOV since I'm a huge Star Wars guy and because it looks cool. Here's a pic.r2d2_1.jpg

Guest Anonymous

it does look incredibly cool! My valve ended up being the racing blow-off valve and not the ssqv. It's not near as good-looking as the ssqv. But it might be all right. Do you know anything about them?......

Instead of the racing BOV I am looking at the Racing Bypass Valve (I am not sure but I think they are one of the same). I plan on running 9 to 12 PSI on a stock 280zxT with a manual Boost adjuster.This Racing Bypass Valve also doubles as a Pop Off Valve so you can plug off your old Pop Off and use it. But since I already modified my old Pop Off I am kinda thinking of that super sequential. I can still plumb it back into intake (after my AFM like the Racing Bypass) in case I get a rich mixture by running them into the atmosphere. What I am thinking is maybe with the Racing Bypass I will have a more adjustable Pop Off than putting washers in my jury rigged stock pop off.

I am still thinking!

Len

But I do like HKS

Originally posted by Len:

Also;

Azel I do see Darth Vader in that pic.! lol...

Len

HHHEEEEEEYYYYYYY!!! YOU'RE RIGHT! :D:eek:bonk.gif Very perceptive, Len. I was first introduced to this when a guy from school had one in his Isuzu Impulse. For weeks I was saying "Dude, what the heck is that matter with that guy's car? How come it has that odd....but cool...sound?" Turns out Isuzu made a 4WD car armed with Lotus-designed suspension. :confused: It really has a peculiar, two-staged sound. Pretty cool. Actually, I also see a bit of Yoda in there, but let's not get carried away now! :D