HybridZ

Removing O2 sensor from Turbo downpipe.

Len

Before I start wrenching on that O2 sensor. I thought I might try to obtain any input on removing it. I believe it was installed in 1982 (when my 83 turbo was built) and looks like it too! I tried squirting WD-40 and tried a twist. Its in there pretty good.

I hate the idea of removing the whole downpipe but may have to.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I guess the best one is DON'T do it!

Len

Well received some good ideas from Zcom.

1. Soak it in PB Blaster (obtained at Autozone) let sit overnite then wrench it!I'll try this first!

2. Other solution which figured I'd have to do is to remove downpipe and manhandle that puppy till it crys uncle and leaves its home of twenty years!

Should I tape my knuckles now or later? Make sure no ladies or children are around to hear my vocabulary!

Guest Tim78zt

Hi Len!

I went to AutoZone here in Ft Worth and they will rent you a special set of sockets just for removing the O2 sensor. It is a free rent; you just pay a deposit and keep it as long as you need it and they give your $ back when you return it. Hope this helps! Oh, also try removing after soaking it with Liquid Wrench and running the motor until the sensor is hot.

Tim78zt

Hey Tim!

Thanks alot for the information! That's exactly what I'll Do. Hope Autozone up here will be as kind as yours in Ft. Worth. If there not; they'll hear about it! As much money as I spend there!