HybridZ

help! autometer egt....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i'm looking @ an autometer pyrometer (i guess its an egt)...atm5466 @ summitt....its $200+ and the probe for it is about $100......is this what i need? (something thats "fast" and tells me if i'm rich or lean?).....thanks, s.neihoff

Many EGTs are not "fast". Likewise the narrow band O2 sensors are pretty much junk too. The ApexI electronic EGT is pretty awesome IMO - peakhold, playback, and a warning light w/output. It's cost is less than the $300 you're looking at fromSummitJeg's and in EL it looks AWESOME! However it's NOT super fast - trust me on this. Their EL boost gauge is nice too :D Can show pics if you owuld like...

The Aussie folks have a DIY-WB project going on. They're now selling builttested heater boards for like $90 US. They also sell displays builttested for about the same amount! Lastly, the WB O2 that these things use is sold for $107 and is an OEM Honda part. Can you say WB O2 for about $300?! 2thumbs.gifWOOHOOO!!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

...hey thanks a lot....i like the wide band egt..i might get that..i was gonna get the a-meter because it matched my other gauges...but have just about decided against it..too much for what you get...i think think i'll save the $$$ to go on a fuel computer...s

A friend is building mine - the instructions were a bit far from the "Heathkit" type :rolleyes: He's bitched a bit about the instructions and the design some too. They're selling completed heaters and displays now though so if mine doesn't come out as well as I'd hoped I'll buy that from them and compare with mine to see what's not right (lol). Their prices are pretty good too - the display and controller together are less than the FJO heater alone...

P.S. It's not a wide band EGT - it's a wide band O2 sensor. It actually reads the A/F ratio for you on a digital readout. Should be VERY accurate and faster than an EGT. rockon.gif <-LOL!