HybridZ

found the problem with spot(mazda b2000 turbo efi)

scottyMIz

well i decided to give her another oil change since the other one only lasted about a week and it was saturated with gas.So i change it and put in the engine restorer stuff and good filter all that stuff and started it to let the oil circulate and all of a sudden poof gas was spraying everywhere the return line had burst.So i fixed the line and thought there is not suppose to be pressure on the return :confused: then thought oh ya i used the roll over valve for a return line come to find out the roll over valve has a hole the size of a pin head and only let a tiny bit thru.So i pulled it out and drilled it out and it made a huge differnece in the truck's performance it runs really good now and seems to get better gas mileage and the oil so far is holding up.The knock is gone too i guess it helps with oil pressure :rolleyes: I think she just might live but i think i have a leak in the intake system right now it's not hooked up to the wastegate and it's only boosting 10 psi and it even backs down i dunno if it's the door opening or if it's all leaking out somewhere. :confused: i'll have to check out what is going on there it might help to ifnd out why it seems so much slower than before.well that is the update

Scott

Good you found that problem. I'm sure bearings don't like gas baths! malebitchslap.gif

I read in Bosch fuel injection a good way to locate an intake air leak is with a small propane torch turn it on (unlit; dah!) then move it around injectors, intake/block where ever you think you may have the problem! 2thumbs.gif

Also did you think that pin hole in your return line may have been a real gooooooooood!!!!! Unadjustable!!!! Fuel Pressure Regulator? pushing your fuel pressure up to shove more fuel down those poor little injectors? Which would also give you MORE POWER!

So when you fixed that pinhole you may have lowered your POWER!!!!!!!!!!

;):Dcheers.gifsmile.gifb_hand.gifb_hand.gif

Your right

These guys are really COOL!!!!!!

Len

didn't think of that len. it didn't help after a few miles it started loosing oil pressure again, just too worn out :( But now i get the excuse to put in an L28 this weekend i dunno if i'm going to turbocharge it yet.I want to but i don't want to spend all weekend doing it i have worked on that truck more than my car!I figure after the z engine it'll run forever those engines never die.

Scott

You make me tired just reading what you have done! First installing turbo on carborated, then injection on same. Along with I/C.

Hang on rockon.gif I need a cheers.gif to rest. OK now I'm alright lets proceed....

You are now planning to go back and install a L28... hail.gifhail.gif I'm in awwwwh of your energy! I think you are making a good decision on the L28. Heck all this talk of Mazda! Could get you kicked off this Datsun HybridZ website!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry2.gifugg.giftwak.gif (Joke!)

Len

i guess just the humor in the swap kept me from getting kicked off :D .I just wanted more power is that too much to ask? cry2.gif Ok that all done thanks i like to make stuff i guess. I was coming home today from work and this camaro was behind me at a light so i figured i'd punch it at the light to see what he would do, older camaro like mid 80's you know rectangle headlights t tops all that stuff i think the 305 in it.Well i think i kinda scared him with all the black smoke coming out of the exhaust then he realized i wasn't in the smoke screen and stepped on it (saw the front of the car lift up) he just stayed right back there didn't get close(scared of oil or something getting on his car :D )i think he was impressed but it does feel way slower but then i might just be use to it.I figure the L28 is the way to go they can kick butt and still last along time.I just have to figure out what rear end to use i'm sure the little thing won't last too long on the truck but i guess we'll see.I plan to take more pics of the install from the measurements i'm going to have to use the electric fan i have to make this thing work very tight hopefully everything goes smooth like the shifter in the right spot if not no big deal would be nice.I plan to put the little turbo on it if i had another i'd twin turbocharge it but only have one i could sequental them i have a t3 and the little tbo2 that is on there now hmmmmmmm 2thumbs.gif No maybe i should just get it to run right then mess with performance.I plan to take it to the track in the summer just for kicks so see some of the guy's faces when this thing rolls up to the line and smokes the tires like crazy rockon.gif

Hey if you go L28 with flatops (p-79) go Nitrous-Oxide (hold me back!!!, hold me back!!) that will cure the :D "MORE POWER" :D syndrome for awhile. But you know that truck should run pretty good with just a stock FI L-28 (also 240sx 60mm.TB and them thar biggie injectors!!!.

If you have the dished pistons then hook up hail.gif "el turbo" hail.gif and let er rock!!!!!!! 2thumbs.gif If you miss your old smoke'en 4 banger then after installing the L-28, hook up a window washer fill with lightweight oil, run a line to exaust, poke hole and walla "007" licence to kill...(misquitos!!!!!) bonk.gifrolleyesg.gifugg.gif

Len