HybridZ

81zxt getting no spark

:confused: why?? coil has power, swapped it out with another, no change... but if i hook the ground to the negitive side and the power to the positive... i get nothing, even while cranking, but if i ground the meter to the chassis, it shows it has power.

The crank position sensor is plugged in.. how do I check that??

Also on the passenger side, the loom that goes out to the engine bay, inside the car, it has been melted, anything to do with spark over there?

im going to be putting this turbo into my 76z... so if i swap it out you think i'll have better luck with getting it started? :confused:

The relay that gives power to the crank angle sensor, and to the fuel injectors is located on the passenger side. The part that is inside of the car is only for the fuel pump operation, which isn't needed when doing a swap. I hooked my fuel pump up to come on when the ignition is on.

There is a coil igniter on the side of the coil (it's on the mount). I think it is triggered by +5V by the ecu to allow for power to be given to the coil. It and the coil mount must be grounded in order for it to work. I have heard that if you hook up +12V to it for longer than a few seconds that it could be damaged.

Good luck with it, let me know if you need any help with wiring it up.