HybridZ

Turbo identification (Garretts in particular)

Guest zthang43

Guest zthang43

Does anyone know how to identify Garrett turbos? I looked at one today in a Merkur; I'm assuming it was a T3. On the compressor housing it said AR60 then some other stuff, like 11M. Anyone know where I can find specs on stuff like this?

I would like to find a website with a list of turbos in each trim, and the specs for each one.

Guest Anonymous

turboford.org would be your best bet its populated by enthusiasts for the ford 2.3T motor there is lots of info on these motor and what turbos came with what. i found it when searching for performance mods to my thunderbird TC. i go by the name superfreak down there BTW.

as to your turbos i'll take a guess as it to having a .60 A/R compressor (i would think since it said it on the compressor housing although my gut says it should be a .63) and if it came off of a automatic it will have a .48 A/R turbine but if it came off of a stick shift it should have a .63 A/R turbine. i think the .63/.63 tubo is good for around 250-280 to the wheels where the .63/.48 is just a little bit less than that but the boost kicks in sooner. thats what they get out of the 2.3 anyways not sure what a straight six would put out with it. hope i helped