HybridZ

hks i.c. kit..?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i have an 82zxt,

....i just bought a T-3/4CA HYBRID TO4B turbo (whatever that is) w/a turbonetics deltagate mark2 wastegate....

.....i was thinking about using the hks intercooler kit....and maybe downpipe off of a 300zx to go w/them...

...does anyone have any experience or suggestions about/w/any of these things?.......... thanks,

s.neihoff

I've got the HKS kit. It's not bad I bought mine from a board member and didn't get any instructions. He said that it has to go under the radiator support and I really didn't like that. Anyway I redid the pipes and Painted them again. The intercooler itself seems to be good with little pressure drop. i would ask to see the instructions before I bought one new.

Guest Anonymous

...i got to looking at it...and its a lot smaller than it looks in the pict....i have one about that size so i think i'll try it first....

...did the pipes and couplings that were provided w/the kit get the i.c. in the way you wanted..or did you have to do a bunch of repiping.....?....s

Heres a pic of my instsll at the current time. I would still like to take the pipes and have them powder coated. Also I would proubly move the intercooler ot alittle so i could install a A/C Condenser fan. No the pipes are not like they come from the factory. I have no idea how they are routed.

screen

I have some more but they are not loaded up.

I like the kit but, I'm not sure that I would pay full price for it. Also I would want so flow #'s from HKS.

I'm curious what the core deminsions are. I think HKS offers some intercoolers for other cars that would better use the space up front. The MKIV Supra one looks very nice, and the MKIII one is okay, the Japanese MKIII one like the one I have on my `72 has different end pipes and works better in the Z car.

For the price I would have a local place make you up the piping and install a larger one. With the money you save you could be half way into investing for a MIG welder with aluminum welding capabilities to make a custom core/end pipes. :D

wicfront.jpg

My IC pipes are just about completed, took a while to get the correct hose fittings/clamps in.

I agree with Tony there are proubly better vaules out there. Like said I bought mine used ao that changed the pricing scale alittle. The core is about half of the size of the one that Tony has in the above pic. I guess the draw to bying the HKS kit is that is is bolt on. Unless you are going to run a huge turbo and 20 psi I think it will do fine.