HybridZ

Fun little dash project

A to Z

I have ignored the lower part of my dash basically since I have had my 240Z, and I have one small circle crack, just a bit smaller than a dime, and so in thinking of ways to deal with that, I came up with this.  I went online and bought a small roll of carbon fiber looking vinyl on Amazon, I figured I will make 2 panels for each side of the lower dash.  I started with a tape off and a couple thin coats of SEM Laundau BLack to get the color back, then I made the patterns by taping the area, drawing out each panel and carefully taking the tape off and then sticking each piece to the vinyl and cutting them out and then installed them.  This opens up a wide range of idea for you guys, and you could easily use leather and other fabrics.  See pics below:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

• Like 1

Today I worked on the glove box door.  After wiping it down and masking it off, I sprayed it with the same paint, the SEM interior paint in "Landau Black".  I removed the original badge and will reaplce it with a new one I found at JDM-car-parts.com.  Once it is here it will be all finished off, but I have a few pics to show the result.  I also found out that you have to be careful when cleaning, as I cleaned off the vinyl "carbon fiber" decal portion next to the door with denatured alcohol, and it screwed up the decal, so I had to redo the decal and do a little touch up around it....some decals can handle stuff like denatured alcohol and others obviously can't, so water on these I have!  See pics attached. :)

9.png

10.png

11.png

12.jpg

13.jpg