HybridZ

I need help with my Dawes Devise boost controller (please :)

ratedZ

Hey guys. I wanted to install my boost controller from Dawes Device. I read the instructions and I'm pretty sure that I understand it BUT I'm affraid to follow instructions that is not Z specific...especially that there is a chance that I might blow my motor if I didn't do it right. The year of my Z is 83. Looking at my turbo, there is a hose coming out of the waste gate which then T's off into the turbo and into the throttle body piping. Here's my understanding of the instructions: I take off the old vacuum hose that is attached to the wastegate and the T fitting. Install the new vacuum hose to the wastegate and attach it to the adjustable side of the boost controller (a fitting that has a 90 degree bend). Then I slip on the hose on the bottom side of the boost controller which will then be inserted into the T fitting. Is this right? Like I said I'm not too sure as they had two different diagrams and I want to make sure that I do this right. As always thanks guys for all the help. hail.gif

PS. any tips on getting the old crusted hoses off the fittings...it's pretty hard.

Guest Anonymous

The way you describe it is right, although i'm not sure why your line is T'ed into your TB connection as well. Mine goes from my turbo to the wastegate actuator.

The best method i have found for getting the hoses off is spraying them in wd-40, then take pliers, twist them back and forth while pulling off slowly. takes patience. Cutting them with a razor knife works too :-)

OK I made the hose short as per instructions but I was wondering if I could make the hose longer on the turbo side so I could mount the controller to the strut tower housing. This would make adjusting a lot easier as I have to reach against the hot manifold to adjust the boost right now. I'm aware of the spiking problems that might arise if I made the hose too long but I just need to make it long enough to attach it to the car with a bracket. Well thanks for the help guys...I'm off to add washers on the POV so it will stop hissing and venting.

PS. my Z is sooo much faster now...god this is addicting. malebitchslap.gif

FEEL THE POWER!!!!!!!!!!! b_hand.gifb_hand.gifb_hand.gifb_hand.gif You are doing it correct. If you want to extend the hose just try it and see if you have any undesirable results. On the Pop off valve I used three washers to go 10+ boost. You hear that Pssft! then you know you need to add a washer. cheers.gif NOTICE; POWER CAN BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR WALLET :D:D