HybridZ

She's a different animal now!

ratedZ

Hey speedfreaks! My Z is now running 10psi and let me tell you...the difference is like night and day. It's almost like my Z came out of hybernation. Don't get me wrong, the stock settings was enough to romp on rice boys but now it's just crazy fast. The Z pulled in all gears and pulled hard. I still have to test run it on the freeway to see how it acts. The turbo gauge and air fuel meter finally came in handy and at WOT she runs rich :eek: I can't wait to see who my next rice boy victem will be lol rockon.gif I had my wife ride shotgun last night and she couldn't believe the difference. Now it's time to look into an intercooler etc etc. Dang this is soo adicting but I love it!

Next plans:

Intercooler + piping

Bigger injectors

BOV

15psi rockon.gif

Guest Anonymous

Hey RatedZ,

Are you really running 10 psi without an intercooler alright? No pinging and whatnot?

I would definitely go for an intercooler asap in your shoes, with such cheap ones as the starion/npr there's no sense in not doing it! If you ever get a chance to get some vid of your Z in action, I'd like to see it. That goes for the rest of your turbo munkeys too ;) !

Especially James' tt!

-980mak rockon.gif

Yep, I just got back from a speed run. It's hot as hell here in Vegas and again I didn't here any pinging. The gauge is reading rich and the car pools real hard...I've had to slow it down a few times because I don't trust my old tires lol. As you can tell I'm having a lot of fun with this extra boost in power.... 2thumbs.gifrockon.gif

I have repeatedly run 13psi with no IC with my VG engine.. 94 octane and 1 bottle of 104 octane booster.

in cooler night weather..

I have spiked as high as 15 for a few seconds too.. no harm... knock sensor was probably retarding the timeing a lot.. but O well.. it survived is my only point.

Currently set at 13 with I/C 94 octane fuel..

I have been running my '83 ZXT w/10-12 lbs w/occasion spike to 15 w/a T3/T4 Hybrid for better than 40000 miles now. No intercooler, but 3" cat and exhaust (stock downpipe though).

Car has maxed the stock injectors and in lower gears I have to watch it to keep traction!

Surprized a few Mustangs/Camaros/Firebirds - '82 Vette owners knew this car would beat them STOCK.

New 'vette owners have had their eyes opened if they were a bit sloppy/slow.

I can't seem to bring myself to sell the car even though I am starting on my '75 V8z....

I run 10 pounds all day long on 91 octane on my L24ET, but my compression ratio is only 7.56:1 :D

Get that electric fan installed in there, and mount that intercooler, then do some more supporting mods to add a few more pounds. Then you'll have this grin that will be hard to wipe off.