HybridZ

dsm bypass valve

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey guys, well i finally got a bigger turbo for my TC it currently has a IHI in it and i scored a premo T3 for $20! it has a .60 AR ratio on the cold side and a .48 on the hot side i kinda wanted one with a .63 hotside ratio but this was all there was and as a bonus the boost will come in lower than the .63 i just won't be able to get as much maximum HP out of it.

my current plan of attack is to get it on by then end of this week and move my intercooler from the sock location to a front mounted location. i still can't understand why ford was boneheaded enough to put the IC right on top of the exhaust manifold. that sucker gets so hot you can't touch it, unless your on the highway then it does a halfway decent job. anyhoo, since i'm going to move the inercoller up fron't i'll now need a compressor bypass valve to keep from bending my compressor blades when i let off the gas due to the increase in boosted air area hitting back on the compressor. soooo i was wondering what year dsm turbo valve wouyld be the best to run? i really would like to know in a few days so i can go order one from checkers. all the turbo ccars out here are the mid 80 dodge stuff and none of them have any valves so i have to order one.

oh i almost forgot, i need the valve to be strong enough to handle 24 PSI of boost. i remeber hearing that the dsm vlave have had it and started to leak by 20 PSI but i seem to rmeber seeing a site on how to modify them to handle a lot more. thanks guys