HybridZ

turbo score

i was at a truck shop and saw two big turbos on a pile of junk and asked the guy about them he told me they where still good(they look good)and that they where left over from parts engines.I asked how much he wanted for them and he said 10 bucks!!! i was holy crap so i ofered 20 for both and he accepted they are for cummins diesels so i was thinking i should clean them up and put them on ebay i was also thinking they would be great for a V8 setup if someone wanted to try it.They came off of a v8 diesel so it should be fine for a gas v8 the exhaust housings look small for the size of the turbo.So i think spool up should be great for the size.I'll get some pics up tonight so you can see the size of them they are huge rockon.gif

Guest Cusp

Deisel engines peak at around 4k rpms. that's a spoolup at about 1500 rpms, or not much later. There would be no top end if you put it on a gas engine and pushed it to the limit, but that eBay idea should grab you some spending cash. If you like to break stuff, I would try fabbing it to a BB chevy or something else that won't rev too high.