HybridZ

1976 280z Turn Signals/Hazards stopped working

Hey guys, my turn signals + hazards recently stopped working on my 280z. They were working fine until I unplugged all the switches from the center console while I was test fitting my new radio plate I made. I took a drive after this and lo and behold, no signals. I then realized I forgot to plug everything back in, so I did that and still no signals??? The signals were working perfectly before this. Additionally, the brake lamp in the speedometer no longer lights up. Hazards also do not work. I tried putting another flasher in because I happened to have one on hand and it couldn't hurt to try it, which did not fix the issue. The turn signal switch and hazard switch were taken apart and cleaned less than a year earlier when I was facing a similar issue (the problem was they weren't plugged in), so they should be in good shape. I took the hazard switch apart again just to check and it seems to look fine still. I tried to check if the hazard switch was getting power with a multimeter and I don't believe it is. I touched basically every wire that goes to it beside the light wires (not exposed) and everything read 0 volts. I do not really know how to use a multimeter though so take that with a grain of salt. Looking at the FSM diagram BE-12, I believe the issue probably lies somewhere before the hazard switch? The fuses look fine as far as I can tell, and were all replaced less than a year ago so they aren't old. Fusible links look fine as well. Here is what works and what doesn't:

Works: All running lights (side markers, headlights, tail lights), map light, AC console backlighting, center console switch lights (including hazard switch light)

Does not work: All gauge lights (they already did not work), speedo brake light, turn signals (no flasher click or dash turn signal indicator either), hazards, windshield wipers and washer motor (might as well throw that in)

Anyone have any advice for me? I will attach a photo of BE-12 along with a connector I found that I cannot find where it plugs in. The connector has two wires, one green with a white stripe and one red with a green stripe. It has a T shaped connector. I don't see where it plugs in, but I don't think it's related to my turn signal issue because I don't see anything like it in BE-12. I think it may be part of the meter illumination light system. My current plan is to rip the center console out at least, possibly the dash and root around down there until I hopefully see a smoking gun. If there are any typical failure points I should check, let me know. Thanks for the help!

wire.jpg

BE-12.jpg

Edited by kaibiagi