HybridZ

Need help with injector sizing

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a LT1 with an ATI Procharger (stock motor), gonna run 8psi on it and need to know what size injectors to run (Im using the stock ECU settings with a FMU and a stock LT1 fuel pump and an inline pump to help out) I should be putting out around 400-500BHP with this setup, any suggestions to the injector sizing?

I've been told to use 26# RC Engineering, 30# Ford SVO, and 36# Accel injectors so far and am a bit confused as to what i need to run to stay safe (this is my daily driver if ya know what I mean)

btw...this is a 96 Camaro Z28 im talkin about here and my buddy with a 280ZXT told me you guys could help out, thanx

Just a rough estimate, you need 250 lbs of fuel perhour to support 500 hp. Divide 250 by 8 and you get 31 LB per hour injectors, at 100 percent duty cycle. The 36 lb per hour should be fine without the FMU, and you need a pump that can do 50 gallons per hour to supply the engine, approx. If you are going to use the FMU, you need a pump that can supply the 50 gallons at higher pressures than normal. At 8 psi the fuel pressure will probably be in the 80 to 90 psi range with the FMU.

Did ATI not give you any info on proper injectors? I would think they would have some info. I would also think you will have to have some sort of ecu mod to control a larger injector.

Hope this helps, GM stuff is getting out of my realm. Good luck, and if you get to Bham, I would like to go for a ride to see what 500 HP is all about.