HybridZ

Cooled down, after doing mods

Hey guys, my cooling down kinda snow balled into being a turbo upgrade. Which should also be considered as cooling down intake air with the higher effeciency at higher boost levels. As stated in a previous post I got my hands on a t04b with V trim compressor, I also had a 14 row starion intercooler that I had 2 1/2" pipes put on the sides to help it flow a little better. The dual electric fans have helped eminsly, they are OEM ones, one being off of a Puegott (sp?). Pulling air accross the oil cooler has helped as well. Here is a picture of the new t3/t4 installed:

t04bmounted.jpg

That paint won't last too long, but it's nice for the picture.

Here is a picture of the new 2 1/2" mandrell pumbing, and fan.:

icinstalled.jpg

What a difference this made for the car. I'm only running around 8 pounds of boost and am having traction problems in the lower gears. What a blast, and it is now consistantly fast, not just when it's cool out side.

Still not making as much horse power as my Supra MKIII Turbo next to it, however, the car is faster because of the weight difference.

I'll update to this thread soon on my 1/4 mile time from what my G Tech says. My car weighs around 2550 pounds with me in it, and I expect a low 14 second run, or a high 13's. My L24 is getting a little tired, quite a bit of blow by is passing through. I suspect the rings are starting to let go. I have a F54 block with turbo pistons that I will likely swap in after a little bit.

Thanks for the imput on the last thread!

Looks good. Wish my car weight 2500 lbs with me in it.

Throw some boost at that thing and you should be able to really have some fun.

No reason why you should not be able to get down into the low 13's with about 12psi or so. Traction is the key. With street tires, I try to feather the clutch a little and get the car moving before I stand on it. I ran my 12.93 pass on street tires, but never ever got close to that again without drag ta's.