HybridZ

Need some good injector advice!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ive got a boosted 84zxt, running about 13lbs on stock t-3. The motor has been bored and has forged pistons. The cpr has been lowered also. Im looking for a set of injectors that will flow better and not have to work as hard as the stock 84 ZXT injectors. Id rather not pay ridiculous amounts of cash for JWT or stillen. I do plan on getting a rising FPR along with the injectors and a TT ZX fuel pump. Anybody know of good injectors that will work with the ol' vg30et? And am i going to have problems with my computer if i throw some in? Thanks

the rising rate fuel pressure regulators are a band aid .best bet is to install some kind of user programmable efi and bigger injectors.injectors are a generic part.places like jwt buy them in bulk from a bosch or lucas distributor and mark them up.do the math on your injector size needed.if you want to try a rising rate regulator i have one new in box for sale.if you put bigger injectors with stock ecm it will run rich-the milliseconds of on time at a certian rpm will remain the same as programmed at the factory.but fuel amount will be increased at all times.i would not spend money on an ecu that has to be sent to somebody for reprogramming-then you are at their mercy to get it tuned correctly.like the idea of a car sitting in you drive way with no ecu-i dont.

I agree that the rising rate FPR are a bad idea. You can add an addtional injecor controler and put an injector or two in the intake tract before the throttle body. It is not as precise as bigger injectors and a chipped ecu, but it is a start, and much better than the FPR.

Get an EGT and see where you are before you start spending money, or check the voltage on your O2 sensor.