HybridZ

Dreaming

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

flamedevil.gif Well, i'v just finished high school, trying to find an appenticeship, and i need to find something something to do in the mean time, my dad has a 260Z wich were building up and i have a 240Z, I'd love to have a L28 Turbo in there, pushing 400bph... i'm dreaming, but it'll happen, money providing. I was thinking L28, 2.5" dp, 3" exaust, 400cc+ injecvors, sds, T04b/t3, big ic, forged pistons 8.1:1 so on and so forth... do you think that would make it to the 400 mark. and if not how could i?? i just wanted to see what you guys thought. and whats the best compression ratio for a turbo, and whats the diffrence between running 8.5 or 8.3 ot 8.1 and so on and so forth,. thanks for your imput...

Jon

71' 240Z... in pices emo.gif

Jon,

boy, you are quite the lurker. Almost 8 months and only 3 posts. Don't be shy :D .

Not sure what you mean by 400bph. At the flywheel or at the wheels? Big difference. At the flywheel, you have the right combo to do it comfortably. At the wheels, you will need more injs and race gas at the track pushing 20+psi boost. With forged pistons and race gas you can really crank up the boost and make power. If you want 400 at the wheels in street trim and pump gas, then you need some head work and maybe a bigger turbo to do it with less boost.

Plus with a 240, you don't need to make totally insane hp to go fast.

I look at compression this way, within reason, the lower it is, the more boost you can run. If you are going to buy injectors, I would buy 550's instead of 440's. More potential.

I would also go with a 3 inch DP.

Spend the money where it counts, really good machine work, and it should last for a long time.

Good luck