HybridZ

Turbo L28 rebuild

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a 1979 280ZX and I am considering buying a 280ZXT motor and swapping it in my car. I am probably going to tear down the motor and rebuild it but I was hoping maybe I could get some help as to what parts I should upgrade and where to get them. I would like it to be able to give me a kick in the pants when i nail it on the highway but not too unstreetable. I am wanting forged internals and would like to use the 3.1L stroker (would this be too overboard for a daily driver?) that I've heard about on the board but not sure if it would work for this motor. I would really appreciate any help. If someone could make me a parts list I would be very greatful.

Thanks,

Matthew

What kind of horse power are you looking to make?

I've heard of a couple guys making around 350hp at the wheels with stock internals and a t04e compressor, keeping with the stock t3 turbine housing and going to like a stage III turbine wheel. Fuel system upgrades are required, along with a good sized intercooler.

Other mods would include fresh air intake, 3" exhaust system, larger throttle body, and most likely some modifications will have to be done on the engine management side.

Keep your eyes open for some gizmos for piggy back engine management that I will be offering in the near future.