HybridZ

Just ordered my new turbo.....wastegate thoughts

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Working on my 88 z31. I Ordered a racegate along with turbo. I was going to try and weld the flange on the driver side manifold where the two banks have joined together. This is looking like a worse idea every day. :mad: The thought has come to me to have a Y coming off the crossover pipe that the racegate would go on and dump down to the downpipe. Anyone think this is a bad idea or have a better one?

Guest Anonymous

No not really. I could enlarge the internal wastegate hole and vent it from there. But, I think that wont work as well as I would want. Gonna wait till it gets here to rule that idea out. Just looking for other ideas.

Guest De Schmaydee

...dont know about an '88...on my '82 i was thinking about having 2"-3"long pipe (w/flanges on both ends) coming off of the exhaust manifold going to the turbo...and putting the wastegate on it...

...it would help w/clearance and make it alot easier to work on...prbly have to change the downpipe.....(i was going to do that anyway)..

.....s