HybridZ

Cartech intercooler

aarang

I recently acquired a used Cartech intercooler kit for my 280ZX turbo. Does anyone have any info on this kit? The intercooler itself looks to be a Spearco unit, but there are no markings on it. I contacted Cartech directly, but they don't have any info on the kit other than there were'nt many made. Any info appreciated. smile.gif

The core of the intercooler is 12"H x 10"W x 2.5" deep.The kit has all of the tubing, clamps,air filter, etc, although I will be getting new couplings. It looks to me like I have to cut a hole by the hole the airfilter coupling goes through to the front. The intercooler bolts directly in to existing bolt holes, so I don't need to drill any new ones. I was hoping to put about 17PSI through this and hoping to get roughly 300HP. That is my goal. I just don't know if this intercooler is big enough.

Guest De Schmaydee

...kinda sounds like an hks....i just talked to 'em (cartech) yesterday..for piping...and they said they didnt have any jigs for 'em anymore....but i'm not using one of their i.c.'s....it sounds like it's pretty small to get 300hp out of.....dunno...the one i got is almost twice that size.....it was to be for a 300-350hp setup using a T3/T04b.....i think a lot of people get them way too big for their stock t3's....its prbly perfect for the stock t3....but getting 300(good dependable)hp outta the stock t3....i dunno....if scottie says it'll do it i'm sure it will.....prbly be pretty hard on it i'd think...will 17psi get 300hp (at the wheels)?...s