HybridZ

Need some input on injectors and what not

Guest 70240z

Starting on the Turbo Conversion and looking for some feedback.

I finally got my Turbo engine in today and now starting to get things set up for the conversion.

I have the whole wiring harness and ECU but I think I'm going to not use either and go with either the SDS or the Wolf 3d Wolf 3d I'm leaning more towards the wolf has anyone used one??

Next, at first I'm planning to use the Stock turbo but once I get use to the whatever engine management system I get I plan to start playing around with a few different turbos.

thats what leads me up to my next question injectors. The largest of the turbos I have is a t04b with the cartech manifold. Since I dont want to go changing out injectors all the time what is size(type) I should go with and where has been the best place people have been getting them?

Now onto the next Question.

Throttle bodies. err maybe I'll just do a search on that one. I know I'll probably go with the 240SX one unless someone has a better suggestion.

Last one, Has anyone done a MAF conversion versus an AFM?? I just see more benifits to having a MAF than an AFM.

3.jpg

PS. If anyone is interested in a really good in a good L28 (N/A) before I pull it out of my car let me know.

Kyle

http://zdriver.com

http://strictlyz.com

ForSale: L28 with less than 5k miles

Originally posted by 70240z:

[QB]Starting on the Turbo Conversion and looking for some feedback.

I finally got my Turbo engine in today and now starting to get things set up for the conversion.

I have the whole wiring harness and ECU but I think I'm going to not use either and go with either the SDS or the Wolf 3d Wolf 3d I'm leaning more towards the wolf has anyone used one??

Next, at first I'm planning to use the Stock turbo but once I get use to the whatever engine management system I get I plan to start playing around with a few different turbos.

thats what leads me up to my next question injectors. The largest of the turbos I have is a t04b with the cartech manifold. Since I dont want to go changing out injectors all the time what is size(type) I should go with and where has been the best place people have been getting them?

Now onto the next Question.

Throttle bodies. err maybe I'll just do a search on that one. I know I'll probably go with the 240SX one unless someone has a better suggestion.

Last one, Has anyone done a MAF conversion versus an AFM?? I just see more benifits to having a MAF than an AFM.

if you are going to be playing with different sized turbos, i would say pull that turbo harness and everything out and go to a progammable system ASAP, this would convert you from a maf system to a speed density, eliminating that sensor entirely, or with the wolf 3d maybe wire in that 70mm ford maf. i like sds but wolf is pretty nice as well, have no knowledge of wolf, im into sds and will probably use it on my car. for injectors i would use 450cc 450sel mercedes injectors, ive heard of them being a bolt on affair, and stock efi cant really meter well at all, these sized injectors will take just about all the boost you can throw at it. i saw photos and it shows you already have the t04b, i think you can cut out the middle man and go straight for the big turbo, injectors, and management right away, along with fmic. it seems you have the resources to make a really strong car from the gate, and a nice car to boot. thats just my view, others will chime in when they wake up...