HybridZ

WAAAA...BOOST Problems

ratedZ

Hey all. Well my Z is sick right now frown.gif she doesn't seem to want to hold boost passed 8psi. I replaced the turbo about a month ago and everything was ok up to last week when she would only spike to 10 and dwindle down to 8psi. On my original settings...she would boost up to 16psi and hold that pressure until I let off. I've been running high boost pressure for a while even with the old turbo with no problems. Thinking back on the turbo replacement, I do remember that the rubber hose coupler from the turbo to the J-pipe was old and are showin signs of cracks and wear....I just didn't replace it at the time because I needed the car for the next day and figured it should be ok for a week or two until I got a hold of a new silicone hose (still can't find one locally). Obviously I should probably check and replace this first but I need some more expert advice ;) Would a split rubber coupler make the car act as described above? OR should I check elsewhere? I'm pretty sure that all other hoses are ok as I replaced most of them and inspected the rest and nothing else was touched up to this day. Anyway, I hope someone can shed some light in this problem as I'm not liking the new boost settings. cheers.gif

PS. what size is that hose and where do you guys get your silicone hoses online? I've been trying to get this hose for the past week locally and no one here seems to carry them. Thanks again.

Guest De Schmaydee

....oh yes....it could do it....mine did it @ stock boost......it had always leaked i guess....so i really didnt know the diff until it got real bad and i replaced it...then wow...

..real good clamps can help too .....i always put a couple of rounds of tape on there also to keep from cutting the hose.....s

hey z rated, the guys gals and me are gonna be in las vegas in a couple weeks after finals let out,

trying to do it real big, buffet and gamble like soldiers, rice rocket equipped of course, like a true soldier, my turbo tank is ready...

Hey Len...let me know when you and your gang are going to be in town. But I'll warn you now, I'm a family man so I stay faaaar away from the strip & in bed by about 10pm lol. I must be getting old...an 11 month old baby girl will do that to you malebitchslap.gif Anyway, keep me posted as I might be able to get some of the guys from our club to tag along as well. Laters. cheers.gif