HybridZ

Intercooler Sizing

Guest 70240z

I found this intercooler on ebay dont have a tape measure handy to go take measurements to see if it would fit. If the overal size would fit with minor piping modifications looks like it would be a good IC especially for the price $225-$245

What do you think?

inter_new_1.jpg

The core measures 30" X 18" X 2" The ports on both sides are 3 inches, total width of the unit is 38-1/2 inches including the ports.

Guest tom sixbey

if this info helps - a 70-78 z has 25.5 inches of width between the frame rails - of course the intercooler would be infront of that area, but perhaps this figure can give you a ballpark to judge by. I took that measurement when i sized up a griffin radiator for my 240. - in front of the radiator support, there is a bit more width to use, and its possible that the holes for the fresh air inlet ducts can be used to route your inlet/outlet piping... let us know how it turns out. I'm gonna go for a turbo 302, so i'm intrested in what your findings are on this issue!