Guest tom sixbey

i would recommend.

3" exhaust

intercooler

big fuel pump

any of the throttle body swaps out there

boost sensitive fpr

91 octane

and about 10-12psi depending on how good your boost controller is, 8psi max with no ic

at 12 psi and a lot of tuning you will be close to 250 at the wheels, with the stock turbo i wouldnt go much higher than that, it just becomes an oven at psi much higher than 14psi.

Guest tom sixbey

i just bought a 79 zx for a daily driver. I'd like to know how you turbo inliners go about building your power... Whats a good parts combination for the motors? - i'd love to see a dependable 250-300 horses from my inline one day!

Well, never had the car dynoed, but I have an 83 280zxt with starion intercooler (crap by the way) cold air intake, 3 inch mandrel exhaust, 370cc injectors, and the stock turbo pushing 18-20 pounds and I'm running 13.3's @ 106mph on 215/60/15 yokahoma street tires, definetly be in the 12's with slicks. This is with a car that weighs about 3040-3060 with me in it (well, probably more now since I've gained alittle weight and added the intercooler and pipes since I weighed it, but anyways you get the idea. using my 1/4 mile numbers (mph) on the calculator I have about 250+ at the wheels. I spent about $300 to achieve this. Unless you are awsome at sourcing cheap parts...plan to spend $500-$1000 or more if you can't do all the work yourself. I also had to put a clutch in (imagine that.) so thats another $300.Since the 13.3 run I put in a fuel pump hoping to cure a fuel problem that turned out to be a bad O2 sensor that was only a few months old. also, this is with a complete stock bottom end thats never been opened and has 166,xxx miles on it. By the way, I drive my car everyday, infact its my only car, so as you can imagine, the reliabilty is awsome. you can do stuff like the electric fan, big throttle body, electric water pump, etc, but they aren't neccissary for the HP you're lokking for. Hope I helped, and please excuse any spelling errors smile.gif

James