HybridZ

Check out this monster 240Z!!!!!

I saw this guy today at Sacramento Raceway - he participated in the california modified import winter warm ups. Wouldn't you know it - the fastest import there was a chevy powered datsun! I talked with the owner - he did everything from scratch - and doesn't know of hybridz.org nor JTR! (of course, I told him to check out our site and see if he can contribute wealth of knowledge). This sucker dynoes 800 RWHP, is a 454 chevy big block w. a roots blower (i forgot to ask what it is) and the rest is pretty much obvious. He ran 9.8@145mph, and it didn't look like he was pushing it. Hopefully we'll see the owner on the boards soon!

fe001ea0.jpg.orig.jpg

fe001e97.jpg.orig.jpg

fe001e93.jpg.orig.jpg

fe001e00.jpg.orig.jpg

fe001dcd.jpg.orig.jpg

fe001de7.jpg

That Z looks mighty tough! Dang! Any pics of him heating up the tires? How did the car launch? Did it hook up with those monster slicks? That must have been fun to watch. Thanks for the pictures. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.giftwak.gif J & G

He only ran twice - I missed it both times. First time was before I got to the track, and second time was when I was talking to my friend in the parking lot towards the end of the day, behind the bleachers. I heard a loud BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP that made my soda can shake like in jurassic park, and looked up to see the 9.8@145mph flash on the board. Then I saw him pull off into the pits and down to the flat bed the car was brought on. Then it was loaded up and driven away.

Guest Anonymous

Very cool. Hard to tell is that a ladder bar or four link? Pretty cool, whats not to like, a blown rat in a Z... whew...

Ok, who's going to put a blown hemi in one? icon_wink.gif

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

How was he allowed to run? I thought you had to have a minimum of 8 stickers on your car to run at CMI? icon_biggrin.gif

What size blower is that? That blower itself looks bigger than the motor in my GSR icon_eek.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LoneInAZ:

Very cool. Hard to tell is that a ladder bar or four link? Pretty cool, whats not to like, a blown rat in a Z... whew...

Ok, who's going to put a blown hemi in one?
icon_wink.gif

Regards,

Lone

here, maybe this will help:

fe00209f.jpg.orig.jpg

icon_wink.gif <-- 9.80s 149 small block on nos at 3100 pounds with driver < grin >

big block in a z is over kill..

besides if you look that z has been front halfed the entire fram was removed aned replaced with tubeing.. wonder how light that thing is now.. maybee 2200 ?

h

The one picture of the rear end looks like the car has a laderbar. Big block or small block in any Z is a good thing. Blower cars are hard to hook up, all that torque at the hit of the throtle. You can go fast with a small block, or should I say quick. icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Guest JAMIE T

That car is a good example of too much stuff. Ron Jones' car runs mid 8's at 160mph. without NOS or a blower. It was just 540CID of big Bowtie. I think he is building a bigger engine this year.