HybridZ

dinner table nitrous conversation

fl327

hanging out with the guys eating at our favorite local northern Chinese restaurant, we talk about this for like half an hour: how much squeeze could you lay down on a stock 280zxt motor, if you pulled the turbo off, and ran a holley four barrel manifold with a plate setup??? hmmmmmmmmm????????? we think 100shot nos with steel headgasket and the carb stank rich?

nah, not for me, once i get fuel enrichment i would to run a small shot to get the party started and cool intake temps a little bit, i really like that nx ntercooler, and would love to have that spray rail bangin in the front of my car!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Zcarsmakemyheadhurt

The problem with a plate on a Holley I think is the plate is made to spray in a V. Use a more hi dollar yet correct system with a direct port NOS system. Don't over richen the mixture at the carb, the NOS has the correct fuel jet to keep it rich on its own. Remember the ZXT engine is 7.4:1 compression. Thats not alot of bang untill you spray it up. Start with a 100hp shot and use a MSD NOS igniton retard. Run race gas and retard the timing 2 degrees every 75hp of NOS. Start at max timing 32 with the 100hp set up then go back to 28 at 175 using the NOS box or just by locking it out if you like. Good luck and let us know how it does...

Guest Anonymous

I ran a 120 hp shot to the wheels with a junkyard parts 3.0 liter stroker, with some pretty crappy Volvo CIS injection and the car still ran mid 12`s. A friend of mine has run a 4 bbl nitrous setup on a bone stock 280z motor with a header and ran high 13`s with this setup with major traction problems.A turbo motor should be able to handle a 200 or so shot before the stock ring glands compress to the point they bind the rings.Provided that a better than stock head gasket is installed with a set of head studs, i might even pull the pan and do ARP rod bolts as well. Sounds like a fun budget motor.Direct port is the only way to fly if you want to make real HP on the L series motor.