HybridZ

About to hack my NPR I/C

VinhZXT

Hi all,

The house is done and time for me to continue where I left off with my 79 ZXT spyder. I have the NPR I/C and it is definitely too big for my application and I am about to cut the bottom 10 rows. This will leave me 13 rows on the top and that's still 8" X 20" X 2.5" core. My car is still using the stock computer and I plan to run 12PSI and I think this size I/C will be enough.

After reading the below post about NPR I/C I wonder anyone of you want to work out a deal with me before I hack this thing up.

Any inputs?

Vinh

http://vvu.tripod.com

2.5 inlet outlet, its about ten rows shorter than the bigger npr, and about the same width and thickness. im in san mateo, about thirty miles away from san francisco. hey if you want it straight trade only, i think this size is perfect for my goals, but hey bigger is good too....

Len,

Your I/C sound like a perfect fit for my need. However I have a T4 and an aftermarket exhaust manifold with external wastegate that I will be using in the future. Once I put this combo in I know I will need a bigger I/C. I am still debating whether I should put this T4 into my car now. You know what.. I will put it in tonight ... Either way I think I will still hack about 5 bottom rows off to leave me a 10" to 12"X 20"X 2.5" core. Just curious what do you have in your set up now?

Vinh

im running a mildly built motor with a couple nice bolt ons, going to intercool and do everything really legit before i start going for my small goal of 280rwhp from the stock efi setup, with a fuel enrichment device of some kind (im not there yet, so im not stressing over it) right now im adressing spark and air, and getting the system run perfectly and drive how i like it to. I have a spare motor with everything on it, and right now im porting the living crap out of the head and intake, 1mm steel headgasket(i love them) i plan to b an b the bottom end and lighten up the rotating assembly, and use arp bolts, good rings on a stock bore, a hogged out p90, hogged out intake and exhaust manifold, and ill probably get up on the cam just a little, nothing crazy,and have the exhaust manifold extrude honed since its cast and the manifold is alum-way easier to hog out.) future plans, go up on the compressor side with 300zxt water cooled center, use a dual stage gnx boost solenoid so that i can launch at 5psi and ramp it up after i get hook on the 1-2 shift, run the npr with the fattest pipe i can to the tb (2.5), and a slightly bigger pipe than the feeder side of the compressor, probably 2.25. nothing major, btw------- BRUCE LEE RULES!

ive always been a big fan of your yellow car, are you still working with that one, do your thing brother man, do your thing. gong shi fat tsai hong bao na loy...