HybridZ

Mopar Conversion

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am excited I found this board... I am going to attempt a V8 conversion for my 76 280z 2+2 this summer and need info. Where can I get mopar conversion kits for z cars? I am a diehard mopar man with a 70 Challenger T/A and a 69 Superbee. I have both a 360 motor and a 383 and would like to hear from others that have done a complete swap. How did you do it??? Is there a kit??? What did it cost to complete??? HELP!!! I dont' want to have to resort to a Chevy motor!!!

Guest Anonymous

As far as I know there is no kit. However they are not that hard to make if you have a welder and a torch. Also you don't have to worry about set back plates and a electric fuel pump. The big block would probably fit but it would be alot harder and they weight alot!!! The 833 trans fits but you have to do some mods to the shifter mount unless you have a long tailshaft model and then just tap the rear most mount and it should fit. You know the T/A motor would be a nice swap but my guess is you like it where it's at. if you have any questions just e-mail me