HybridZ

aluminium connecting rods??

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

hey guys just couldn't sleep and had a niggling wonder knawing at the back of my head and figured i would ask you guys what you thought.

nothing special, i was just wondering if it would be plausible to run a good set of forged aluminium rods in my twinturbo 360 project. i seem to remeber somebody warning me away from them stating that they were basically only a good investment if it was a dragrace motor only not a daily driver or sustained high RPMs. i want my block to live in the high RPM range nothing outrageous i just want something that can handle being held around the 5500-6800 reliably with no fears of something going out on me. i was thinking that it would be nice to go the the alum. rods to of course save weight on the reciprocating assembly but i don't know if it will hold with the kind of power i will be making. should i just go with a nice set of high quality forged steel rods and toss the weight savings as a unnessacary(sp?) risk? thanks guys

Guest Anonymous

thats what i figured :rolleyes: guess i'll juxst have to find some other ways to save the weight on the reciprocating assembly. thanks a bunch guys you probably saved me from one hell of a headache down the road from now.